View Single Post
Old 30-08-2013, 03:45 PM   #195
NanoDuke
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Fiesta ST (3-door) is coming! Australian Media Coverage (Links)

A bit more info now that I'm sitting down and thinking about it:

Rear view mirror visibility is pretty good. The mirror view covers the whole back window.

As I quessed what would happen, I bloody flicked the windscreen wipers five times in the space of 3km test drive haha.

The Sony entertainment console is bloody annoying. WAY too many buttons. I like the simplicity of the FG ICC. Instead of the piano keys to trigger the screen hotlinks, there's four physical buttons at the very bottom of the ICC. A bit strange that way...
Speakers go off, though. Tethered my Android phone no worries and blasted out the music I wanted.
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD CAN SOMEONE PLEASE POINT OUT THE 7TH AND 8TH SPEAKERS TO ME??? Dealer and I could only count 6?? Unless two speakers are 2-in-1 jobbies?

Black interior roofing is nice.

Seat adjustment and wheel placement is good, too. I'm 6"4' and had to reign in the seat a tad forward (so not all the way slammed back). There's height adjustment of the seat, too.

I'm a novice when it comes to driving a manual, but I found this weird section in the throw of the clutch. Right at the top (clutch out) there's about an inch that pops back on my feet. Kinda like the soft stop when you "floor it" in a falcon, but realise there's an extra kick down. Kinda like that but the reverse. I could gently rest my foot on the clutch and it'd move down an inch before feeling some resistance. Not sure what's going on with that.

It sure has some poke to it. Pulls nicely up hills and sounds good while doing it. Could only hear what was in the cabin, though. I tried to listen out the window but I didn't hear much from the exhaust externally.

The dealer and I both laughed when punching it, there seems to be a very slight little flutter from the turbo when shifting gears.

I didn't like how there felt like some imposed throttle resistance when taking off in first. I thought it was struggling at first (or that I was in too high a gear) until I realised I just had to push just that *little bit* more.

Ummm.. does anyone have any questions I might be able to answer?
NanoDuke is offline   Reply With Quote