Thread: Used car prices
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2021, 11:12 PM   #468
slowsnake
Banned

Default Re: Used car prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
I have to admit looking through the ads for Aussie cars since the demise. I never thought it was going to happen. I want a V8 and a manual

I found what I thought was a real pearl on Carsales. 2000 VT Series II SS, LS1, 6spd, 115k kms, Tiga mica all original.

The only issue was the headlining was drooping and the bolsters on the seats were not so great but you can fix that.

$21k in QLD. If it had of been closer I would of been keen but was sold before I could have even given it a serious thought
4 years ago I drove from Perth to New Norcia, fair drive to see a Ford Fairmont for $1500 as a parts car, 180,000 klm, I asked on phone are they genuine, yep, hesaid that's what speedo says?....I said that's not genuine, that's what's on the clock, I said the car pics look good, you mentioned sagging headlining, but out side it was straight and white, I got there eventually, bad directions, he had number 1 plug out, I said no spark, he said no, its full of water?...bit of a yokel, I said its got a blown head gasket, you brought me all the way here to look at this sh.tbox?...he said no it starts, looked inside, and it was trashed, I said mate this speedo has been around the clock?...he said no I haven't touched the speedo honest

I declined to buy it, I wanted panels and electronic dash unit for heater etc, dident have one, I said mate you told me it was a Fairmont, he said no it's a Futura, I said you be better off parting it out, or drop price and say it's got a blown head gasket, he said no it just fills with water in the front cylinder, I couldn't help but laugh, I mean it was laughable meeting an absolute idiot!

Not talking about your car but it reminded me of this episode in my life

Cheers Billy

Last edited by slowsnake; 06-08-2021 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Misspelt
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: