Thread: Used car prices
View Single Post
Old 22-12-2020, 08:11 PM   #12
stevefreestyle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Used car prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestaz View Post
Ahh no... I’m happy to negotiate. But if I were to get an offer like you suggested, the conversation would be over quickly and rudely.

Your $23k budget, means you should be looking at cars around $25k and less. No one in their right mind would drop nearly a third off their asking price just because you said it’s more than a dealer would pay them.

So yes, you are one of those buyers. One that thinks their money is worth so much more than everyone else’s.

Edit: I truly hope you do not go to look at and drive a car to then put in an offer like that, especially in this climate. At least give them the opportunity to reject it over the phone before wasting their time.
I agree, I recently had an "offer" like he was doing me a massive favour of $35K for my 2017 Lightening Blue Mustang, and he got very offended when I indicated it is only for sale to Grown-Ups, who know what it is worth.

These parasitic opportunists are so far off the mark they are worse than Time Wasters - as they try to exploit what could be people on hard times, or not commercially savvy.

I always "Qualify" or check on their financial expectations before showing them the car (I later sold it for over $50k)

Last edited by stevefreestyle; 22-12-2020 at 08:17 PM.
stevefreestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: