View Single Post
Old 21-01-2021, 07:52 PM   #29
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Fiesta ST loses LED headlights in cost cutting move

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post

How are you liking the 3-pot engine?
Certainly has personality, pulls hard especially in second gear and above (first gear is power/torque limited). Is very torquey, and makes nice noises -exhaust pops and turbo whistles, and has a nice growl.

Very quick when in gear in 3rd and 4th due to wide torque curve that is fat.

I would like it from 5,000 to the 6,300 odd redline to get that rush that the Miami does as well as multi valve naturally atmo sports engines, but it feels more flat and linear in that zone.

But that I suppose is the price -less cylinders =more torque, at expense of power up high.

My wife likes it, today driving back from Sydney I booted it in sports mode in 2nd and then 3rd, and she commented on it as having "quite a growl"- and cutting traffic she likes me hitting the torque bloom as it is a smooth punch. If I boot the Miami with her in it I am generally not in her good books-I think she is scared of that beast.

It is a very balanced engine with the chassis, but for me performance Fords should be a little overpowered for the chassis to make it seem a little unhinged.

Personally I am thinking I would like to get a bigger intercooler and a Revo tune to get some 180 kw and close to 400nm, that would make it slightly unhinged for me.

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
asagaai is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: