Thread: Used car prices
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2021, 03:21 PM   #232
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Default Re: Used car prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebv8 View Post
some of the older less reliable cars will drop off in value i think, once people start going to back to the office and spending money on travel the Falcon V8 project they paid top dollar for will sit in the garage until the wife says, "you need to sell that POS so we can go to Bali"
a mate is in that spot now, bought a V8 Falcon and now work has normalised and less time at home its up forsale as is, half pulled apart and out of rego. my own missus made me buy a project and now i'm back at work i want to sell it to recover some money to spend on keeping my daily on the road. i'll probably get it registered first but now i'm in a hurry to do so... meaning i'll sell cheaper than i wanted to.

there must be other people who as in the same boat now and alot will be the same in a few months after the vax rolls out

also once car imports ramp up the overprice hilux's and rangers will drop hard when the discounts start rolling in on new ones
and the proper 4x4's will drop after overseas travel gets going.

"all just my opinion with no facts at all"
Spot on
Once supply chains recover and the new car market gets flooded again and the VAX reaches most of the population, these inflated prices will drop hard.
Manufacturers don't want you to buy second hand so the efforts to get people into new cars will be epic. Hell..... all those folks hanging onto all those AU falcons may even be tempted to get into something new..

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote