View Single Post
Old 22-05-2021, 06:28 PM   #79
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Worst car you have ever owned and why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA-XT View Post
Spot on!

Had a few arguments with people over this. "I remember my old XB. Could fix it on the side of the road..... Unlike today's cars..... Need a tow truck". You needed to be able to fix them on the side of the road..... They broke down all the time!

How often were you held up at the lights with a car and is bonnet up?

Let's not forget safety features.

I think it your daily driving anything pre VT / AU (Actually probably BA) your driving a very unsafe car.
My VS Caprice is pretty crapola, doesn't handle, stop or steer overly well in comparison to more modern cars.

I cooked the rear brakes beating on it going up the local mountain range once, got up the mountain fine, coming back down required new underwear for myself and a couple other people in the town on the way down I blew through without brakes

When I eventually managed to pull it up, I got out and the rear rotors were blue with smoke coming off them.

It doesn't crash real well either, its something I'm pretty aware of when I'm driving it, before I blew the auto anyway lol.

Aussie car brakes up to VT/AUII were like opening the door and jamming a piece of wood against the road to pull up the car.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: