Thread: Vacuum leak..
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 08:54 AM   #4
REDDYZ

Default Re: Vacuum leak..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar2K
Hey Yogi,

Sorry to hear about your troubles there!
That's a hell of a blow out on the mileage.

Here I thought I had my own lil gremlins to deal with occasionally but seems one has cropped up into your engine bay too now!

Well at least with you personally having recently stripped the engine right back, you'd be in the best position to hopefully identify where this problem lies or has come on from after all...

Best of luck with it and here's too a speedy recovery back to the good times again!
I feel like am maintaining a V8 now. I wouldn't worry much as am confident its vacuum leak. Since I did engine by myself am confident that engine part has no issues. Yesterday I used contact cleaner to check around LIM & UIM gaskets which has no leaks. Its definitely the vacuum hoses running around engine. I will definitely find it soon. Thanks & I hope my kat will be normal soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconhell74
Probably wrong but is your air flow meter playing games? just a thought
Airflow meter is not leaking, I checked it. To check its functionality I have to hook up scan tool later today to see if it is playing up. Its definitely leak though. I can hear the leak but can't trace. I could hear from sides and top.
Ex Cougar - 00' MTX 2.5L (Limited edition Eibach Cougar); Dark Green Tourmaline; Lowered with Eibach tuned suspension from factory; SVT UIM, LIM & Throttle body; Supercat 2.5" dual exhaust with twin pipe quad outlets; Custom headers; Custom coloured instrument cluster; K&N Apollo CAI kit; Calibre oil catch can.

Now driving a Lexus RX 450h. Your guess is correct that I am a family man now.
REDDYZ is offline   Reply With Quote