View Single Post
Old 24-12-2020, 09:48 AM   #66
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

Default Re: Twilight for the traditional ICE automobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dazz View Post

I also suspect, that as more Hybrids and EVs are sold, and their bull**** is exposed, their massive drawbacks will become public knowledge. And this may actually dampen future sales.

I'm actually curious as to how much improvement is possible in Battery technology. Is it ever actually going to rival the ICE?
Only quoted for reference.

Of course EVs will have their drawbacks, as with any change their will always be positives and negatives. Also, what someone will see as a positive someone else will see as a negative and vice versa.

Imagine in 50, 100, 200 years time, someone (probably your one of your great grand children) will be sitting at the pub with a couple of their mates and someone will say, "Hey, I was just googling how people used to get around before electric cars. They used to drive these things where you had to stop at a specified location that was oily and smelly and pump explosive liquid into your car. Imagine having to make a special trip somewhere every week just to refuel your car? Hahahaha..."

I suppose what I am getting at is, yes, people will need to change their habits to overcome these drawbacks but once those habits are changed people won't even think twice about them.
PG2 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: