View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 10:58 PM   #78
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo
I read this thread with interest (pun intended)

I worked for a company way back in the very late 90's who set me up with a new superfund with a reputable provider when I started.

I only worked there for a 6 months (didn't work out and I left) but a few months after I left I got a quaterly statement from the superfund to find $22k sitting there...there should have been a few hundred dollars perhaps....

I've been waiting over seven years for them to realise the mistake and ask for it back, thing is that over that seven year it has doubled in value...its now $44k+.....are they ever going to ask for it back? Is there a statute of limitations that after X years its mine?

I actually wonder if the company I was working for stuffed up and gave the wrong instructions to the super provider which is very plausable...no-one knew what they were doing there because no-one had been there longer than 6 months before getting fired or leaving!!

I honestly am waiting for the day I get a letter or phone call or notification but every year it grows (a lot...good super fund!!) and every year I think I am one step closer to getting away with this.

Could the worst job experience I have ever had end up being a couple of hundred dollar wind fall on retirement?...how ironic is that !

I wonder what TEXRS388 would make of me? Should I look out for busses as well? Is TEXRS388 a bus driver??
The thing about money in the super system is... its difficult to get out once its entered the matrix..

Id be more inclined to bet that it came from the employer. A super administrator would have had to reconcile the accounts (qtly at least) with what came in... this is one of the things they're kinda good at. The reconciliation would have been $22k short if the employer hadnt contributed it

Late 90s so the transaction record would definately exist. I dont see how you could possibly be penalised tho...its the trustees duty to make sure everything is ship shape... and some people never even look at their super statements so you couldnt be expected to know the account in detail.

Heck its not even technically yours until you retire (its in trust)... how can you be hassled about money you dont even own lol.