View Single Post
Old 17-05-2022, 10:28 PM   #2
Footrot
2018 MD Mondeo Wagon TDCI

Default Re: Headlights upgrade

Hi Big_grey
Headlights have been on my agenda also, however have only been with the Mondeo for a short time.
I won’t be able to give technical information like some of the far more knowledgeable members like T-Pak Addict with some very helpful info in a recent thread https://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11494217

I suspect upgrade might mean different things to different people.

For me I will start with new bulbs, and walk the tightrope between a brighter output and longevity.
Secondly, I am keen on trying a small light bar from Ultra vision with a rego plate bracket. The 13 inch bar has a good spread and produces 1 lux at 550 metres that I imagine would be more than adequate as an alternative to high beam, but happy to be corrected.
It also has the advantage of a hi/Lo option and options for colour temperature of 4000-4500k or 5700k. There is also a fog light replacement that is similarly powerful from Ultra vision that is interesting.

Finally the led upgrade mentioned by T-Pak would be a goer.
I will be interested to hear how he goes if he proceeds.

Well probably not the answer you were after but would be interested in what you find out, and how you fare if you find an upgrade you implement.
Regards
Footrot