View Single Post
Old 10-07-2021, 10:31 AM   #3564
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
Ah yes the just before or after closing special. I remember this well

But you know what really takes the ****? When you have been closed for hours and some turkey sees the lights on and just thinks I will pull up.

It's like they think you're staying back just to serve them not because you are just trying to catch up with the work when there is no customers around. Can't count the amount of times I hid from these ****s thinking I'm not having this. Especially when they ordered 1 or 2hr service!

The benefit of night is you get the flash of the headlights
Dealing with stupid customers thickens your skin very fast.

When I worked at a Coles at night our boss was pretty good. Gave us the delivery and told us when we finish the rest of the rostered shift was yours.

So, we would work like dogs without break then have 90 minutes at the end where we would sit out the front after midnight and brew coffee on a a camp stove while smoking the 2 foot tall bong and waiting for the allocated staff member to return from his Kebab run.

Almost every night without fail around 12:30 or 1am some tool would park in the empty parking, walk past all the closed doors and turned off lights to the main entry and start yanking on it...

Then he (mostly a he) would realise he just walked past 10 uniformed staff and return to ask if we are open?

No, closed at midnight mate. Oh, aren't you guys 24hrs? Not for many many years mate.. Sorry.

Some that didn't like the reply would call the cops saying we were smoking drugs.. they only came once or twice then didn't bother.

Towards the end when I knew I was leaving I had my fun with the stupid customers. While stacking shelves and wearing the uniform they would ask if I worked here, to which I replied no and kept working....

Anyway.. it takes all kids for the work to work mum always says..

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote
5 users like this post: