View Single Post
Old 02-03-2022, 11:57 AM   #16
hayseed

Default Re: Car trailer build

Quote:
Originally Posted by prktkljokr View Post
Not a dumb question,

When you do a new trailer build you apply for a VIN, the caravan VIN is a stat write off, as it is no longer a caravan and it has been re-manufactured it comes under a new build in the eyes of the department of transport, I have been down this road a few times and have already been allocated a new VIN for this trailer as a car trailer.

It still has to go through licencing so if it was damaged or unsafe it will be failed at registration.

I have a dolly car trailer that I purchased un-licenced years ago, it had a ID tag and VIN showing it was manufactured in the 90's by John Pappas trailers, but when I went to licence it there was no record of the VIN and they would not let me register it as a used trailer, they told me to apply for a new VIN, so I did and made a new ID tag with all the details from the old tag but with the build date of 2019, it passed no problem and I still have it.
Would I be correct in Assuming that you remove the Old Compliance Plate & VIN Number then Register as a New Homemade Trailer with your new VIN Number...??
hayseed is offline   Reply With Quote