View Single Post
Old 10-08-2020, 09:08 AM   #206
gooseneck
Banned

Default Re: Australia - China - Poltics

My fish food comes from Taiwan so. I've been buying food on credit 20kg at a time so I've got at least 6 months supply if anything were to happen.

Same goes for medication, its impossible now to get Tetracycline meds imported from China, which has made my life difficult to say the least as I've got an outbreak of Cottonmouth/Columnaris, I've been buying multicure in those tiny little bottles. You can get Blue Planet Tetracycline locally but its 4x the cost or more. I used to be able to get 4x bottles for the same price as one bottle of 25x tablets.

I might have to find an Aussie manufacturer of aquatic meds.

I have had plans for buying 100% Australian fish food ever since day one but its not time yet to be doing that in my business as I'm far too small to afford the 50% markup above the cost of the fish food from Taiwan. One of these days though I'm sure its going to be difficult to get anything at all from overseas and I'll be forced to buy 100% Australian everything.

I am concerned too about the Australian supplier being able to deliver because I doubt that they can provide a product without China/Asia either.

So I'm doomed if I do and doomed if I don't.

Last edited by gooseneck; 10-08-2020 at 09:36 AM.
gooseneck is offline   Reply With Quote