View Single Post
Old 24-02-2022, 07:58 PM   #472
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: DFB's Greenthumb Project

When I was a kid, I was fascinated by the two sprinklers my neighbor had in his garden. Why I have no idea, I was and still am fascinated with anything that moves.

In his backyard, he had a green plastic NaanDan base fitted with a Toro IMPOP impact sprinkler.

This base -

With this sprinkler -

In the front garden, he had a brass NaanDan impact sprinkler fitted to a metal base similar to the one below -

This base -

With this sprinkler -

I can't quite remember how old I was then, but all I did was pester my parents for one of each! Eventually I did get something similar, the brass head on the plastic frame, but it was never the same as he had.

I think this experience has set me up for the rest of my life. Whenever I see or learn of something, I want what I want and nothing else will do. Be that cars, detailing products, power tools, gardening equipment, garage floors...........or sprinklers.

I have had a couple of both the Toro and NaanDan sprinklers over the years.

https://www.hillsirrigation.com.au/s...act-sprinkler/
https://duralirrigation.com.au/produ...pact-sprinkler

The brass ones are so well made, will last decades and have a very precise movement compared to cheaper copies. The plastic Toro is just so mesmerizing to watch, it's fast but with a generous water output compared to other plastic impacts. It's the sound of that Toro on the plastic base that takes me back to my childhood though..............I could identify that a mile away.

And with that, I'm off to water my garden...........
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: