View Single Post
Old 13-04-2021, 11:15 AM   #5
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

Default Re: Mondeo Diesel Stalling & Turning Off

With what I've learned, I'd be inclined to replace the Crank Angle Sensor, it's easy to do and it's cheap enough to not think twice about it. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't just go shot gunning parts willy nilly, but I've had stalling issues since 2014 and it's been sporadic, even to the point of not happening for a year but it has still occurred, hopefully, finally it has been rectified for good since changing the sensor..

The error seems to be flagged from the ABS Module, however it's not the Module at fault rather something else the Module relies on to operate. What you need to diagnose (which can be very difficult) is whether the stall event caused the Module to falsely flag the error, or an ABS related system caused the fault and subsequent stall, to which I find it improbable for a brake system to stop an engine. If not the ABS related system then what caused the stall event, a GEM electrical issue or more, there's several potential candidates than can do that, which suck...

Good luck Barry T, for all the issues I've had (which really came down to one) I like the Mondeo TDCi very much. Wish I had a Titanium available when I bought it.