View Single Post
Old 23-05-2021, 01:37 PM   #91
mick taylor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Worst car you have ever owned and why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
My VS Caprice is pretty crapola, doesn't handle, stop or steer overly well in comparison to more modern cars.

I cooked the rear brakes beating on it going up the local mountain range once, got up the mountain fine, coming back down required new underwear for myself and a couple other people in the town on the way down I blew through without brakes

When I eventually managed to pull it up, I got out and the rear rotors were blue with smoke coming off them.

It doesn't crash real well either, its something I'm pretty aware of when I'm driving it, before I blew the auto anyway lol.

Aussie car brakes up to VT/AUII were like opening the door and jamming a piece of wood against the road to pull up the car.
You can change all that easy bro.
Put some better brake pads in it for a start and you will never get brake fade.

The IRS need good shocks or they become total spastic due to the angles and toe in and out that can be displayed by such a 3rd rate IRS setup. Holden did not get their act together until the VX IRS to control the spastic angles displayed.

A VS can be made to handle very well and you do not have to lower it to the ground at all, that's for kids in the city's.

If you love to drive fast a strut brace works wonders in high speed steering control on crap roads esp.

So many people bag some cars as bad handling but it's only because they know nothing, even a HQ Holden can be made to handle very well.
mick taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: