View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 12:20 AM   #29
RAPID_BA
Banned

Default Re: Whats stopping people from buying the Falcon?

If people dont start buying new ones then there wont be many used falcons available in the future.

I think most people are more astute with their money these days, buying what they need rather than overspending.

Lets face it, a mazda 3 or camry do a good job for a people mover for a family. Why spend the extra $5000-$10000 to get into a falcon. Do families really need 400nm torque for a family car?

People are usually mortgaged to the tilt or struggling to pay their rent. Have a few kids etc etc. now do they say I need a car with 400nm torque or save $5000-10000 and get something to do the job, with the money saved a tv and a holiday. All competing for that dollar.

Not all of us are car enthusiasts, probably a dying breed, I reckon most people out there wont even know to change the oil of a car.

As for commodore continuing to sell I think the looks of the commodore are more well received. For instance a mate of mine just bought a holden ss new. I asked him did you consider a xr6t or fpv gs? He flat out said no didnt even consider it.

Im a falcon man as we all are. Ill buy a new fpv gs or gt in the short to medium future because im an enthusiast not because it fits my needs better than a mazda 3.

To sell falcons to the mainstream, ford have to attack on price, too many cheaper alternatives that meet a families minimum criteria. (falcon offers more but at a price)

Last edited by RAPID_BA; 07-01-2012 at 12:27 AM.