Thread: Used car prices
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2021, 02:41 PM   #358
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Used car prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by calais View Post
I've been watching the prices of genuine XW Fairmont V8's for a very long time.

I am still not confident I'll be able to afford what I want (grecian gold, factory 351) by the time I am 50 and still able to enjoy it. I am 35 now and long for the prices of the late 90's seeing them for under 10k in every unique cars magazine I could get my hands on.

Prices are easily north of 100K for immaculate factory V8 cars, north of 75k for clean V8 swapped cars and over 50k for even a 6 cyl beater that is still running.

Is there anyone who might like to hazard a guess as to when prices will soften enough to bring them back to a realistic classic car option? Is it a generational thing? will the early falcon stuff lose popularity as the current owners age and lose interest? Or will the values just keep rising?
The problem I see is that Falcon and Monaro stuff has a limited audience being Australia/NZ/South Africa.

In 20-30 years time we're going to lose our baby boomer population who are the ones with nostalgia for those cars, who grew up with them.

They have no relevance outside of AUS/NZ/SA, they didn't feature in any popular movies ex Hollywood either.

Also consider availability and legislation in regards to internal combustion engine vehicles in 20 years time, will we still have unleaded available?

I reckon they'll drop in value.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: