Thread: Used car prices
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2021, 03:24 PM   #354
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Used car prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayseed View Post
It'll depend on How much you need to Spend to get the RWC..
I would think..
In nsw a rego inspection, or atleast last one i got is $42. If the car is regoed in nsw already it doesnt need to be full on run over the pits like say the au i bought for my brother from the act. That needed a full inspection which cost a bit more to transfer the interstate rego to nsw rego. As a pink slip is a fixed price, mechanics make no profit on those inspections, so provided theres no structural or excessive rust, tyres are good, passes the brake test, important things like headlights and brake lights all work and theres no leaks or such, cars pass.
I was upfront last inspection, said im certain my car has an exhaust leak. And yes it failed. However i pointed out that i had a new exhaust in the boot, new gaskets and hardware too. So i paid the labour for the exhaust fitment on top. Was told brakes pass but are stuffed. I knew the brakes were shot, Subsequently have upgraded those. But for a car with existing rego in nsw, its not hard to keep them on the road. Its more difficult if rego has lapsed for more then 3 months.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote