Thread: Used car prices
View Single Post
Old 27-04-2021, 12:29 PM   #347
FPV414
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Used car prices

The EB ED EF EL XR's are starting to find their place now. I put a ED XR6 manual up for $17k last week as I had a new car coming and wanted the extra money / space. I was surprised at how much serious interest I got. I ended up with 1 inspection, 3 phone calls and 2 serious offers in the first week. I also saw 2 other cars come up at the similar spec, condition and price - one of which sold. An auto ED XR6 advertised for $13.5k also sold within days, but got $11k.

We are going to see the jump on these 90's Falcons, as the supply of good ones dwindles and the demand increases. They will start to chase the Commos, and soon we'll see the prices start to accelerate as ESP did after 2014. Also takes one or 2 good restored ones or painted ones to go for half decent money, then you see more people take interest. Just follows a standard flow chart really, but the demise of the brands and manufacturing has accelerated the appreciation process, as people try to preserve what still exists in good condition, as we can't buy new anymore. That's how I see it, anyway.
FPV414 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: