View Single Post
Old 27-04-2021, 12:27 PM   #346
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Default Re: Used car prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
Agree with some points, but particularly on ongoing costs, people seem to happily ignore these, same principle for housing investments (not looking at insurance, rates, maintenance etc).

Then you factor in you would want to be running it around once a week to make sure things are lubed etc....id think you would have to hold something for 15+ years to see any return unless you got lucky (when buying near new).
yer I hear you and this comes down to the have's and have not's.
Those who buy but are at their limits, and get shaky if there is a sudden increase in their living costs/a misfortune, you know that curve ball we all can't dodge, surgery/the kids or a large home reno/bathroom etcetc...
And for some, the general cost of rego/ctp/Insurance it just gets washed into the daily/annual costs of living.
I have 2 that I hardly use, 1 mostly never and Thankfully I can afford doing so.
I sure wouldn't be using Super to buy something or anything as such, for one that is madness and shows you have bugger all in the first place.
Good luck to them, hope it works out in the end but I feel thats a hopeful Fairytale in the future.

The pricing is covid madness, people are impatient, imagine what the pricing will drop in a couple more years or so.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is online now   Reply With Quote