View Single Post
Old 26-04-2021, 08:55 PM   #336
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Default Re: Used car prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyk54 View Post
The problem is, people are seeing some of the crazy, low numbered HSV auction sale prices and thinking every Falcon / Commodore is now a pot of gold. Dealers are the biggest offenders, private sellers follow suit.

I feel people will get burnt while prices are inflated. Many are taking money out of super to buy these cars, or borrowing against newly found capital on their houses due to the property boom. Special 'numbered' models will always be in high demand. The average HSVs, FPVs / XRs, SSs are what's inflated IMO, unless it's super low km (near new). I don't think these cars will move much at all for many years now, even perhaps down a little. People need to consider what it actually costs to hold / store / maintain a car too.

I know a bloke who paid 65k for one of those vf2 directors. He thinks it will be an earner. Won’t hear about storage costs and insurance and maintenance. It still has delivery kms.

At the end of the day it’s an auto bf Calais. Will be worth not much more than any other Calais in time

I also believe any of the Modern Australian special cars need to be manual to hold their value in time
Giant Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote