View Single Post
Old 20-02-2024, 01:17 PM   #15
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 
Default Re: How's the weather?

It's always a few degrees hotter than the nearest weather station at Jandakot airport at the the top of the hill here in Bibra Lake where I live near the Mitchell Freeway Roe Highway Intersection. I am told by BOM when I asked many years ago it's something to do with the topology and convection currents but I always thought the higher you went the colder it got. I understand that the lower areas Of Bibra Lake are closer to the lake and surrounding park bushland and also closer to the ocean and those things are cooling but I wonder why are we hotter than Jandakot airport that sits in the lee of our little hill. I have checked the calibration of weather wall with various thermometers digital and old style mercury ones and it's definitely the correct outside shaded temperature. Perhaps eh adjacency to the freeway has an impact.