View Single Post
Old 13-09-2016, 04:24 PM   #78
lownloud
Ford Junkie

Default Re: The FGX as the ultimate enthusiast collectors falcon?

Want to buy an investment car? I'd be looking for a mint low km early WRX Evo or GTR. Unfortunately in my mind and for Ford lovers the current crop of performance offerings probably won't ever bring mega bucks. They will be valuable, yes but historically it's the hero cars of the era that become collectible. Usually the car that had mass appeal to the younger generation of the time. When they become cashed up middle aged mid life crisis's crooning over days gone by they reach into their pockets and buy a piece of their youth or the dream car they all wanted (just like we are doing).
Don't get me wrong I love my Falcons and Territory, but my son who is 19 and drives a crazy turbo Forester, his heart is in the Forester and similar cars that are relevant to his generation. In 20 years time I can't see him or any of his friends stumping up big bucks for a Falcon. They will want cars relevant to them, not their parents.
Besides mine will still be in the shed....