View Single Post
Old 01-03-2005, 04:37 PM   #95
Donut Queen
Back Seat Driver

Well here's an update from me. I decided I needed to get serious about losing weight, mainly for my health. As I eat a fairly balanced diet anyway I just decided to try to have a bit more control and smaller portions. I've also decided to do half an hour a day of exercise, mainly aerobics and stuff that I know wont hurt my back. I'm going to go and see my doctor also to get any suggests from her. I think this is an important step because there's often new options and research that we don't know of until you talk to your doctor. One thing I will be discussing with her is the contraceptive pill. For all you girls who are trying to lose weight and are on the pill it could be influencing your weight. New research also suggests it corresponds with higher rates of depression too, something I also suffer with. Depression can really affect your motivation, as well as causing your metabolism and stuff to be sluggish. So maybe talk to your doctor about this if you're a girl on the pill trying to lose weight. Anyway, that's my plan. I'll let you know how I go.
Donut Queen is offline   Reply With Quote