View Single Post
Old 21-05-2006, 01:37 PM   #3
Tri Power 289
Back in the Game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathXR
My AU is not the car that was bandied around in a few other threads (neither started by the owner, or Chris) but I can say Chris did get good gains from that car - because he also got good gains from mine.

I was the second of the two Bluepower-edited AUs last night. I had my edit early last week, and I was very happy with the results. It dynoed at 134.0rwkw as it was. That is actually the second lowest dyno reading I've ever had for the car - the lowest being the stock reading @ Herrods before I got the exhaust.

After the long tuning session, in which Chris fiddled with a few things, the final result was 154.5rwkw, a 20.5 rwkw gain. The cam is still a stock XR6 HP jobbie. It was a shame the drive home was 99% freeway, but change was very noticable.

There's a few more minor things that can be done, but for now, I'm extremely pleased with the results.

At the drag meet last night, I achieved my aim, a 14-something sec pass. I didn't get to borrow a set of Nittos for the rear, so the time 14.889 @ 93.40 mph was done on my street tires (Toyo Transpaths, great road tyres, but not so good on the strip...)

The potential is there for a lower time, I managed a few 94 mph runs, and a 95.0 - the main problem is the tool behind the wheel. :hihi:

If any AU owners, 6 or 8, are sitting on the fence in regards to the Flash Tuner, I'd thoroughly recommend you go for it.

Thanks heaps Chris, I'll be back! :sm_headba
I guess it must have been my car that everyone seemed so curious about then.

Now that the car has been run, I feel that its time to put a few (but not all) things to rest.
When I lashed out for a flash tuner from Blue Power on Aussie Car Enhancements advice, little did I know what it was about to start.

All I wanted was a car that was faster than it was before and still retain its economy and driveability. Those things were my absolute main criteria.
Setting records was not my objective but I was fully aware that my car was about to be used as a Guinea Pig.

Before the car was edited, Aussie Car fitted DiFillipo extractors and hi-flo cat only.
In this form, it ran 15.9 at Calder at night and 16.4 at Heathcote in the heat.

Before it was edited, I fitted a K&N panel filter and a second hand AU SS style snorkel. but didn't get to run it again to see if these made any improvements in ET.
The morning of the edit, Craig @ ACE fitted a DiFillipo cat back system and then on to Chris's dyno it went.
With this set up, it made 126rwkw.
First edit took it to 133rwkw.
Then I saw the Light Bulb come on above Chris's Head!!!

After much deliberation, I agreed to leave my car in the hands of Chris and Craig for a week or so (Being offered Craigs 13 second 3v BA as a loan car helped twist my arm).
Next thing I know, its all over the forums and everybody want's to know whats going on and where are the dyno sheets, without Chris, Craig or myself mentioning it anywhere on here.
I haven't even seen a dyno sheet yet and to be honest, I dont really care. I know I will eventually but what it did on the track was all I cared about. Chris and I haven't had a chance to sit down and discuss it all yet.

Well many of you now know the end result was a 14.70 and 95 MPH
With the standard air box and no internal mods other than cam timing.
Yes it has a convertor, yes we changed the diff to an LSD and yes I
was the lucky recipient of the Nitto street strip tyres (Sorry Mark!).

What Chris has been able to achieve in under two weeks with his first attempt at an AU I6 (not forgetting what he has done for Death XR as well)
is nothing short of astounding.
This was definately NOT a Money no object exercise. However, everything learned from my car, can and will be passed on to those I6 owners interested
in the services of Blue Power and Aussie Car Enhancements.

If you're even remotely contemplating doing it, I say go for it.
Thanks heaps Guys.
70 Mustang Mach1 351 4V/Shaker Auto

Previous forum rides:
XH Falcon Ute 4.0 Auto
BF XR8 5.4 Manual
'88 60 Series Landcruiser Turbo Diesel.
Komatsu 830E Haul Pac- 2500hp, 165tonnes.
AUIII XR6 HP: Prepared by Aussie Car Enhancements & Custom Tuned by Blue Power to a record setting 14.22@96mph.
BA Fairmont Ghia 5.4 3V :Unfinished business.
Tri Power 289 is offline   Reply With Quote