View Single Post
Old 05-05-2024, 11:27 PM   #54
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: VFACTS April 2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
I'd be calling my dealer instantly if Ford had the balls to do a 2.3 EcoBoost single cab, I so over diesel engines.
Small displacement diesel engines are absolute junk, especially modern ones, they're fragile, sensitive and expensive to maintain pieces of shit.

It makes ZERO sense why we still use small displacement diesel engines in LCVs or SUVs when you've got turbo unleaded engines which come on peak torque earlier, hold it way longer and cost less to maintain with more reliability - look at Ford Ecoboost product range, the things come on peak torque at 1500 RPM.

Yeah there's a penalty on fuel usage because of the lower energy density of unleaded vs diesel and some efficiency because of the lower compression ratio - however you can take out some of the sting with hybrids.

The only thing diesel should be used for is medium and heavy commercial vehicles, boats/ships and that sort of thing where they're actually worked like a diesel engine wants, and you know you have torque figures that are four figures and start at off idle.

You* using it to drive to the shops or do the school run isn't what a diesel engine wants.

I think this is where the US has it right is that their LCV and passenger vehicle customers hate diesel engines and rightfully so, especially the shit we've had since Euro IV which was the start of the downfall.

*You as in generalisation of the average Thailand Special owner.

Add to my list 16" interceptors, don't want alloy wheels for what I do to my ute.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 05-05-2024 at 11:39 PM.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: