View Single Post
Old 11-03-2024, 05:23 PM   #2606
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Why is it.................?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prktkljokr View Post
You would be surprised how much common stuff we cant get here in old wait a while

Cant get new parts at the moment for a Focus, Captiva, Commodore, i30, MG, LDV, Jeep, plus another 12 cars that are stored because of parts availability.....

Perfect example is the VF Commodore series 2 front parts, half of it is not available in Australia at all, with no ETA when it will be available, we are repairing some pretty munted front bars at the moment, and not just ours, we are fixing them for RAC for other contracted repairers.

We are constantly waiting for suspension parts for cars here, its like the dealers just stock lights and wiperblades.
Have to laugh, I made comment elsewhere about how GM shafted dealers and customers who had bought later model Holden's by abandoning the Australian market and the tough tits attitude to spare parts going forward. It was suggested you could easily get service and spare parts from Holden "dealers" (service agents). And yet, your post supports my view.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: