View Single Post
Old 28-02-2024, 01:58 PM   #14
AlanM

Default Re: 1970 GT Capri Identification Query

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970GTCapri View Post
Thanks FERG_51, she's certainly not concourse but is a very nice street car, here is a few more snaps.
Apologies that the names of the files dont match the pics....
Wow, beautiful!
I had a 3000GT way back in the 1980's. Yep, insurance was pretty brutal! IIRC it cost $600 a year to insure for $3000.

Mine actually got stolen too, but recovered pretty much unharmed. Throttle cable snapped on Castlereagh Rd, so I guess it was too public a location to torch it or strip it.

I don't imagine the Throttle cable snapped because they were nursing it though...

Being a youngster at the time, mine ended up fairly heavily modified. I got a lot of group C racing bits from guys like Alan Can't, John Craft and even Barry Seton. They often had near new bits that they couldn't use due to rule changes.

Even got a billet cam. That gave a serious kick in ghe pants at about 3000 rpm. Would pull strongly till the end of the tachometer at 7000.

Eventually I moved on. Wish I still had that car...

Anyway, yours is gorgeous. So original looking. And the RS is wheels look great on Capris.

From what I recall, yeah the chassis number started with CK17. I think the CK meant the cars were imported CKD - Completely knocked down and assembled here at the Homebush plant. But I could easily be wrong about that.

Also I think the V6 had some bracing around the strut top and the firewall that the 1600 didn't have.
AlanM is offline   Reply With Quote