View Single Post
Old 31-12-2023, 04:17 PM   #2534
Itsme
Experienced Member

Default Re: Why is it.................?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Usually the management look to see if there's 2 inlet plug, meaning the caravan can take 30 amps so they ask what they be using and charge accordingly so regular 15amp RV's aren't subsidizing their stay.

The US went this way some years ago, hence my comment, they ask if you require partial 110V or 250v hook up.
Worst still is this new insurance scheme's in the US only accepting RV's of a certain size, price and age.
It won't be long before our good old Aussie family park won't accept the average caravan or ask to see full comprehensive insurance papers before being allowed in just like most marina's here do with yachts now.
Never seen a caravan with 2 power inlets, not saying there could be some, but I do know the last time I was up at QLD I came across numerous caravan parks that were metering power usage and charging, this was pre covid days, so God forbid what is happening now.
I suppose I will find out next year when I do my last big trip up there.

PS, as for caravan insurance acceptance I doubt you will see that unless the big name brands adopt that, what I have noticed lately is the price of sites and cabins going through the roof during peak holiday times.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: