View Single Post
Old 22-12-2023, 07:46 PM   #2828
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Car Detailing - What products are your go to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
Precisely, although something tells me DFB will be pretty miffed even though they're 'just' steelies.

I would be too.

I also think it's worth giving them some feedback.
You would be correct with that assumption. Truth be told, this incident was what made me finally decided to replace the wheels entirely. Although, I quite liked those steelies, sooooo easy to clean!

For $300 cash, I'm going to overlook the two small nicks on one wheel and the missing center cap. I have already ordered a replacement cap and a bottle of Armour Detail Supply Wheel Coating from the USA, the same coating I used on the XR6 a few months ago, very happy with that coating.

The plan is to wash and decontaminate the wheels, removing the old wheel weights and adhesive. I'll then polish them up, have new rubber fitted, then ceramic coat and fit the wheels. I could probably re-use the Dunlop's, but they are the original OE fitment and are over 7 years old now, so new tyres are probably a smart move anyway. Going to do Michelin Agilis in the factory 215/70/R16 size. And I'll probably end up doing a full wheels off detail.

Washing in my driveway, I always get that smart ar.e neighbor or passerby who likes to drag out that "you'll wash all the paint off that car...." comment. Well, I guess that's what I did with these wheels! The chemical burns were the straw that broke the camels back if you will.

Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: