View Single Post
Old 07-12-2023, 08:14 PM   #29
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: DFB's Image Collection

The T2 T-Series mirrored the wider Falcon AU II update, bringing a range of improvements to equipment and refinement.

For the T2, Tickford focused on making the T-Series more identifiable with two tone bumper treatments and a wider range of colours offered. Model designations were also added to the side skirts and engine cover. On TE50, you could also choose between Cloth, or Charcoal, Vivid Blue or Vibrant Red leather trim with a matching Momo Steering Wheel and gear shift. TS and TL kept the good seats in either Charcoal or Aubergine.

All models now had the 220 kW alloy head Windsor and the 5-speed T5 manual was now available on the TS50 after being strengthened to suit the more powerful engine. (Some very late T2's reverted to cast iron heads, this was in line with the 220 kW engine becoming standard on the XR8). The TE50 did however lose the premium brakes for the upgraded standard Falcon system, although they could be optioned, joined by red calipers.

Sadly, I don't have a lot of T2 images.

This would have been my T2 spec, TE50 in auto, Venom Red and the Vivid Red interior, Auzzuro's and Premium Brakes. I would easily have one of these in my fantasy garage.

Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
4 users like this post: