View Single Post
Old 17-08-2023, 02:24 PM   #3
Cobra
Bear with a sore head

Default Re: Making a Barra sound good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
Its interesting because the old OHC in my poxy EA/ED and the Ticky I6 in my EL Ghia sounded pretty tough back in the day. I was also younger then and probably easily pleased.

But on a few occasions, I had people stop me and say it sounded good. So not sure why the architecture of the Barra seems to make it sounds like a vaccum cleaner?
21 years ago I had an EL XR6. It had a Redback exhaust and Pacemaker headers. I thought it sounded pretty tough back then. However, I too was young, and most probably more easy to please.

Even the BA XR6 N/A around 2007/08 the ex and I had sounded pretty bloody good with Pacemaker comps, Magnaflow cat and XR6T catback with hotdogs in place of the centre muffler.

I'm not sure if it's a combination of the turbo and the twin cam head? Someone one Facebook reckons the head design doesn't lend itself to sounding good, but who knows?

What I do know is that AdamLZ's Barra-powered Mustang sounds great, and all the Yanks who've never heard a Barra before think they all sound like that when in reality they do not.
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote