View Single Post
Old 04-05-2023, 11:04 PM   #24
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: VFACTS April 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
correct Franco I'm with you, Toy can and is playing both fields whereas Ford only has 1 card.
Would Toy company care losing some fleet biz ? yes and no, they pick up bucket loads of private biz through their vast range of choices just as the sales show.
Ford as we know long ago went the high RRP profit, yes yonks ago had some good fleet biz Falcon days.
They recovered well going the high road, had to, better market I'm with them but they have nothing else to recover/pick up the loss of profit chasing fleet.
Why bother but their call.
Does it matter who has more fleet to private by vehicle, wouldn't mean much at all to me.
All comes down to the stratergy at the time, factory bonus time, EOFY deals, it changes monthly.
Toyota has the whole kit and kaboodle covered - they offer more range and they chase fleets AND retail customers.

Yaris (micro hatch)
Corolla (small hatch + sedan)
Camry (medium sedan)
Yaris Cross (Micro SUV)
Corolla Cross (Small SUV)
CHR (Small SUV)
RAV4 (Medium SUV)
Kluger (Large SUV)
Fortuner (Offroad SUV)
Prado (Medium 4x4)
Land Cruiser (Large 4x4)
Hilux (Thailand Special)
VDJ79 (Turd rolled in glitter)
Hiace (Van)
Hiace (Bus)
Granvia (Fancy bus)
Coaster (Small bus)
GR86 (Nugget level performance)
GR Yaris (Micro hot hatch)
GR Corolla (Hot hatch)
GR Supra (High performance)

Thats 21 vehicles, covering everything from the 'no one wants these anymore' of the micro/small hatch and medium sedan through to the Thailand Special at the pointy end of VFACTS.

The reason Toyota was so far ahead of the rest at the end of the 2022 sales figures is they just cover more ground, they've got more options on the table.

Ford has 9 vehicles - out of those, one that keeps selling 0 every month (Transit bus), one that just got chopped (Escape), one is the 4x2 version of the same vehicle, and two that they actually care about selling.

At this point how are they any different than Isuzu Ute?

https://www.isuzuute.com.au/

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 04-05-2023 at 11:30 PM.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: