View Single Post
Old 14-03-2023, 01:58 PM   #3
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: M-B “Plug in” Key Cloning

Hey CB, My son in-law is a locksmith dealing mainly in transponder keys, we have lost one of the keys to our 2017 Vito so I hit him up to sort another, he's only been at that job doing them for about a year and a half and new late model Mercs are a bit of a pain so enlisted his workmate to come have a look. bear in mind they have the latest of diagnostic gear and Justin is the top tech in the country gets flown all over to sort cars. After a hour of head scratching said the dreaded words "take it to the dealer" this system is locked down tight and can't hack into it, not much beats him. Not sure if it's just the Vito or all Mercs of around that year or newer. prob not much help so I'm back to a two week wait then getting bent over by the dealer on the price which I'm sure you are aware of.
Justin said there will be scanners out there but haven't trickled down to NZ yet, he was also going to see if there was any updates for their gear available but haven't heard back yet Cheers. Aussie is a way bigger market so might be something available over there.
five 7 is online now   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: