Thread: Radio control
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2023, 02:23 PM   #213
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Radio control

I have a 3s battery that im a bit sus about. So plan was to run it down and see if a different charger balenced it more evenly. As it was damp out, i decided not to use my 3s truck as the body covers the wheels so all the crap the tyres throw ends up sticking to the underside of the body or ends up in the chassis. I hate needless cleaning. 6s monstertruck however. Wheels are outboard and it has a 40mm track width extention.
Had to go into settings to make it even recognise a 3s battery. But yes it did run on 12.6v. Its used to 25.2v and geared for that, so it was more like back in the 90s with a toy from kmart that took 4 AAA batteries. So it topped out at a massive 27kmh. Yeah.
It did run down the battery as intended, but kind of glad what happened did when it was on the monster go slow. The plastic end on the adjustable ally servo link broke.
I had a spare gpm ally servo link, so swapped the end and it was all good, im a big spares parts guy. The sus 3s battery did charge fine on a different charger.
Just for reference my 3s truck is half the weight atleast of the monster truck. It also is suitably geared and tops out at 104kmh.
I did slap a 6s back in the monster truck to both double check the steering fix and for entertainment as 27 is no fun. Steering is fixed, fun is reinstated.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: