View Single Post
Old 08-08-2022, 12:08 AM   #1858
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 
Default Re: Car Detailing - What products are your go to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
I love seeing those super clean engine bays, and I see all the pics of fully soaped up bay, and then getting washed down with a hose, but I'm still not sure I could bring myself to do that too mine. I'm just too paranoid of the electrical side of things. Knowing my luck, something would get wet that wasn't meant to.

I'd love to do it though. Is it really as risk free as it looks or are there special precautions I would need to take? My Terry is diesel so I guess the risks are slightly less already.
If you are going to spray your engine bay with water... Always spray "downwards" from the top, like rain falls... Never shooting upwards, or holding the pressure gun pointing upwards.

That said, I never use a high-pressure washer which can force water into electricals.... It's not needed if you are using a degreaser and agitating it with brushes.

Simply rinse off the degreaser with a garden hose connected to a gentle spray shower head trigger gun.

If you are really concerned about the electricals like the fuse box, etc... Simply wrap them in plastic bags with rubber bands or aluminium foil moulded around it.
GO FURTHER is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: