Thread: Radio control
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2022, 02:10 PM   #153
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Radio control

I recieved the new motor for the monster truck yesterday. The decision making process, well i emailed the place i get most my rc stuff from, told them what i have and my issue, what result i was looking for and asked their recomendation. So just to sorta explain in short, brushless rc car motors are rated in kv. So thats no load rpm per volt. So no load on a 2200kv motor with for arguments sake a 10v battery it will rev to 22000 rpms. That rating has nothing to do with torque or power.
So i had a 2200kv motor in my truck, my gripe was it had nothing down low. Mid range and top end it was fine, but with a monster truck doing monster truck things off road, you arent exactly hitting jumps at 100kmh. Its all down low.
So the guys i emailed, they got what i was after. They have had the same gripes from people with the truck the motor i have was supposed to be in, but not my specific frankenstein. I took their recommendation.
Before i swapped the motor out, just to confirm it wasnt a placebo effect, i ran the old motor around my yard.
New motor in, ran that. Yep its heaps better where i wanted it, down low.
Same kv rating.
So i had if firm in my head, no top speed queen, power where its usable. To be fair, 80kmh is well faster then you need off road bashing. With on road tyres on it on the road the old motor clocked 141 on the gps.
Out of curiosity i swapped over my off roaders to my road wheels and ripped it on my street. 145 it did. So thats insignificant as top end wasnt the purpose for me going aftermarket motor, the purpose was filled by way of heaps better low end.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: