View Single Post
Old 09-05-2022, 04:05 PM   #1499
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Mowing ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG2 View Post
OK...

First of all, I want to thank DFB FGXR6 for all of his help. If it wasn't for him, I would have ended up with a mower that I would have been very unhappy with.

I ended buying one of these

It's a Honda HRU196. I was originally looking a HRN216 model but I couldn't find any positive reviews on any site within professor google. I then spoke with DFB FGXR6 and he pointed out exactly why I would not be happy with the HRN216.

I looked up the HRU19 and while more expensive, it was a better mower and received plenty of positive reviews.

I went down to the local mower shop and ended up with the HRU196 for not much extra.

Just a photo of it simply because this will be the last time ever that it will be this clean.

DFB FGXR6 will appreciate this pic. It became the first thing that I looked at when I looked at different mowers. It is the difference between stopping your mower every 30 seconds (so to speak) to unclog it and only having to stop when the catcher is full.

Once again, thanks to DFB FGXR6 and I can assure you, I will never ever think again that mowers are all just the same or a lawn mower is just a lawn mower.
Great machine mate, is yours the engine brake model? The lever handle is different to mine which is blade brake.
The main thing to keep an eye on is the catcher can drop off, the metal edges of the catcher flap can bend out, reducing grip on the catcher. I bang mine with a hammer to keep it on.

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz