Thread: Mowing ..
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2022, 04:51 PM   #1496
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Mowing ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG2 View Post
OK...

First of all, I want to thank DFB FGXR6 for all of his help. If it wasn't for him, I would have ended up with a mower that I would have been very unhappy with.

I ended buying one of these

It's a Honda HRU196. I was originally looking a HRN216 model but I couldn't find any positive reviews on any site within professor google. I then spoke with DFB FGXR6 and he pointed out exactly why I would not be happy with the HRN216.

I looked up the HRU19 and while more expensive, it was a better mower and received plenty of positive reviews.

I went down to the local mower shop and ended up with the HRU196 for not much extra.

Just a photo of it simply because this will be the last time ever that it will be this clean.

DFB FGXR6 will appreciate this pic. It became the first thing that I looked at when I looked at different mowers. It is the difference between stopping your mower every 30 seconds (so to speak) to unclog it and only having to stop when the catcher is full.

Once again, thanks to DFB FGXR6 and I can assure you, I will never ever think again that mowers are all just the same or a lawn mower is just a lawn mower.
Brilliant! Jealous you get the red Honda engine cover, all non-Honda products with that engine seem to come with the black version.

The full width rear chute is very important if you are regularly cutting thicker, lusher growth.

For reference, this is the chute on my Bushranger -

This is on the boarder line for the work I do, the horrid John Deere I had was half that size though. There are some limitations with that rear chute, it generally means if I have a very overgrown lawn to deal with, I'm either having to do it in two passes at two different heights, or use another machine. The durability of the chassis and stout gearbox means I make it work.

Let me know what you think of that engine.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: