View Single Post
Old 07-05-2022, 04:08 PM   #845
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 
Default Re: New Ranger teaser vidz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith View Post
Had a conversation with my accountant just on that...that cross over on most 3 to 5 year finance deals, say chattel mortgages, where your payout figure starts to drop below the real world market price has shifted up, that is you don't have to wait as long before the trade-in/second hand price equals your payout figure.

When I sold our Renault Trafic, it was half way into the 5 year finance and I got back a nice amount after payout straight into the new Vito.
Great to hear and also why checking/reviewing prices can open up opportunities to switch earlier.
Saw a Toyota financing ad recently with guaranteed trade in price, nothing new but I wonder how many just
take that without ever checking what their vehicle is worth as private sale, depending of course if PI loan or lease…

With a vehicle subject to RHD conversion, you’d think that portion of the operation would be 10% GST
and not part of the value used to calculate LCT (30%?) and stamp duty capping off the rip off..
those government lots are damn leaches tax upon tax…

Last edited by jpd80; 07-05-2022 at 04:18 PM.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote