View Single Post
Old 31-03-2022, 05:05 PM   #1449
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Default Re: Car Detailing - What products are your go to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfets View Post
The more I thought about it last night, the more I thought that it is one major downside to ceramic coatings the fact that you cant use a polisher on the car. I mean light scratches now and then is inevitable. With a coat on the car you cant correct those without removing the ceramic coating and getting it redone afterwards.
I'm think I'll most probably just stick to trying different products and doing a lot of manual detailing much like you are doing DFB.

Anyway, I ended up buying this (thanks for drawing my attention to it DFB):
https://www.waxit.com.au/products/bo...-cordless-skin

I added some 4" pads because they aren't included. I also got a further 10% off with the WAXIT10 code.

All in all I think that was a great buy.
Depends what you are using the car for. For me, my weekend cars aren't ceremic coated, there is simply no reason to do it.

I do have the roof, bonnet and boot ceramic coated on my daily. That's simply because I only wash it once a month and there is lots of tree sap at my work where i park now. I only coated it for that little bit of protection.

For garage queens, I just enjoy the process of detailing, if they were coated it would take that enjoyment away. Also ceramic coating cars when you are OCD is insanely finicky and frustrating. On my old S3 XR8 it literally took me 8 hours to apply it because I was being so OCD with it

I'll never forget that detail, 36 hours of detailing, finished at 3am, wife woke up in labour with our second child at 530am and gave birth at 9. I couldnt whinge that I had zero sleep for two days leading up to the birth