View Single Post
Old 22-03-2022, 01:13 PM   #491
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Default Re: DFB's Greenthumb Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post

I'm probably going to offend someone by saying this but construction contractors would have to be the most arrogant people I come across. I have had to share job sites with various trades over the years, and the self absorbed, arrogant and oblivious nature is common theme. So long as they get their job done, then nothing else matters. I can guarantee the damage to these plants wont be cleaned up or replaced. One plant had been completed snapped/rubbed out of the ground. I have spent hours tending to these plants, all destroyed in a matter of minutes. But hey, at least the freshly painted wall looks good, right?
No argument there. Yes plenty of similar experiences with some contractors.
I remember not to long ago on a reno build, going to some lenghts on a Sunday to help the owner pick and load field stone from their land Carefully backing down his drive to avoid his well mantained garden, we both placed the stone in order of how he would want me to build his fireplace alongside the house.
Monday morn and here are 2 jokers with both there utes parked all over his garden beds, (why is it tradeguys have a need block in use drive ways) lenghts of timber stacked on top, the stone thrown over against the fence with offcut wood piled over it.

Lets just say it wasn't a pretty site when I arrived. Got even worse when the owner showed up.

Concreters are the best, park anywhere, always in a hurry to pour their slab, don't give a s**t about anyone else, swear thier heads off while doing the prep work, loud annoying bossman, radios blasting around them, concrete splatter left all over everyone else's work.

Last edited by roKWiz; 22-03-2022 at 01:19 PM.
roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: