View Single Post
Old 08-03-2022, 11:58 PM   #6
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Using Router as Range Extender

I suppose the basic summary is that yes, it can be done. And all you need to do is RTFM (something truly against the core being of any male), sit down one afternoon and tick some boxes on the interface and it will all be done.

Another way is to use some of the powerline ethernet adaptors to bridge the 2 routers via the LAN ports.

I have a couple of old Telstra smart modems that I have setup as wireless extenders in the house and use the powerline adaptors to connect them all. Have great wifi and ethernet service at all important parts of the house.

One of the great things with the NBN (or at least with Telstra NBN anyways) is that if you have suitable devices and appropriate mobile plans you can enable WiFi calling on the phone and it will make all voice calls through the NBN connection when in Wifi range.

If you have spotty voice service in your home, this sets you up with perfect clarity 110% quality calls all day every day.

We use Telstra NBN but our phones are Optus Prepaid. So its seems this feature works various providers and networks. We can't live without it now.
arm79 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: