View Single Post
Old 11-12-2021, 08:58 PM   #466
Danny
GT4.

Default Re: New Ranger teaser vidz

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddis01 View Post
Considering a current model 2.0 Wildtrak is $73650 retail, I think it is a given the V6 will be $75000.
That’s mental that they went up so fast. I paid $55k DA for mine brand new. Crazy. Really brings the thing into a different league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordman1
Wrong.

At a minimum (but I could go on):

The door skin form is different ( squarer ) and there now is a feature line above the door handles. The form below the belt line is also different ( squarer).

The shape of the sheet metal kick at the bottom rear of the rear window ( before the c-pillar) is also different.

The front windscreen is squarer.

These are not massive changes, but they ARE different and NOT carryover ( and require new tooling for the roof, doors, and glass ).
Mate, you can’t tell me I’m wrong unless you worked on engineering it. Otherwise your opinion holds as much water as mine. There’s a interview with Carsguide where that dck head James Dowling asks one of the engineers about the windows, roof and glass and the engineer ducks and weaves the question like a politician who’s been accused of corruption.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordman1
Doors NOT carry over looking at the video ( just as I said above).
Door frames are likely the same. The sheet metal on top is likely stamped differently. I’ll concede that.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote