View Single Post
Old 15-11-2021, 07:23 AM   #564
MarmiteTheDog

Default Re: Genuine Ford Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarmiteTheDog View Post
Hi GT - thanks for getting back so quickly.

I need to take a closer look at the door stuff, to make sure I get the correct parts. I will do that in the morning.

I need both pieces of the key. Are you able to program it to my car from the VIN or do I need to hope my local Ford dealer can do it? They really don't want to have anything to do with the Territory - I may as well be taking them a Ferrari to work on.

I think I will leave the DVD stuff for now. I can always get el cheapo stuff from AliExpress that will work with it, but I doubt I'll ever use it. Looking at the actual unit, I don't think the previous owner ever used it either!

Hi GT.

I spent a couple of hours at the local Ford place today and after initially dealing with a numpty who said they had all my parts in stock at the branch, I managed to talk to someone who actually had a clue and got a bunch of stuff ordered.

There are 4 cam belt replacement kits left in Thailand, 1 spare key set, 1 3rd row seat catch, and only 1 screw cover! I also noticed the passenger door lower trim panel was tatty, so I managed to get one of them as well.

I have a stone chip in my windscreen, so I thought I would really push the boat out and see if they had any windscreens available. 'No' was the reply. I pointed out that Ford promised to supply parts for 10 years and this one was last sold here in 2016, so they said I would have to fight with Ford in Bangkok - Round 1 has already started - this should be interesting.

I also tried to get a set of carpets, but they only had a driver's side one. I have managed to snag the last set from a Ford dealer who sells on Ebay, who will send it to a mate in Sydney, who will then send it to me.

So, for now I'm covered. But, I intend to keep this car until either one of us gives up the ghost, so I'm sure I'll be hassling you again in the future!

Thanks again - Jase

2020 Kawasaki Z900RS SE
2019 Royal Enfield 650 Interceptor
1998 VFR800

MarmiteTheDog is offline   Reply With Quote