View Single Post
Old 06-11-2021, 10:40 PM   #5
oldel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Dent puller for au2 bonnett

Old style was a screw in as you mentioned, then holes to clean up.
Next was spot welded tabs - as least no holes.

Amateur stuff is hot glue like you've seen. It works OK depending on paint quality.

The latest and greatest is cold glue, some exotic stuff they can pull massive dent out with like magic. For that reason alone it's worth speaking to a PDR professional. It's a way better solution and no holes, no risk in buying dodgey hot glue amateur stuff.

I think I spent $100+ on the weighted puller for hot glue tabs, hot glue gun, the other type of screw out puller (looks like an old phone handset and you'd screw it out). None of it did me any good because ford shockwave, ie the paint just came off rather than pulling on the dent!

I'm attached to my hot glue gun but you're welcome to have a look at the pullers and pads I have to try before thinking if it will work or not.
I got these and it's in some sort of bag so maybe there's something else in it. The puller , the phone looking puller and the hot glue gun I think were all separate purchases - not in a kit so I can't remember or link the details

E: Here's the one I bought from ebay in 2017, PC keyboard for scale. Came in a blue bag and as you can see the handle for the glue pad slot screws off so maybe can buy or make a head/handle for screws or a rivet gun type head to grab the rods of the spot weld type tabs.

Last edited by oldel; 06-11-2021 at 11:08 PM.
oldel is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: