View Single Post
Old 01-11-2021, 05:25 PM   #891
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Car Detailing - What products are your go to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic View Post
Speaking of 845, i used it on the Fairlane yesterday when I gave it a wash after maybe 3-4 months of not washing and being outside. There was not a single bit of Carpro Reload left on it. Reload just doesn't have the legs or performance to last any longer than 2-3 months for a car out in the elements.

I ended up having to buff the roof and boot as there was marks that just wouldn't wash out, Scholl S30 sorted that out.

I put two coats of 845 on it and it looks a million dollars again. Knowing it will last 6 months in the weather is great. I've been using spray waxes and sealants as they are easier to use. Realistically the 845 probably takes an extra 15 minutes to apply all up.

Also decided im getting the shine mate cordless 15 when the Waxit Black Friday sale goes live at the end of this month.
I have had similar experience with spray sealants as well, circling back to some old favorites in recent times. I still like to use them but have found more durability with a traditional wax or sealant for cars stored outdoors.

Nice one on the Shine Mate, you will love it. I have found these battery polishers just so convent to use, no cords to deal with at the start and finish, just grab and go. I even use mine to apply wax and sealants.

I can't remember, do you already have any of the battery Shine Mates? The 15mm kit comes with a battery charger and two batteries. If you already have the charger and two battery combo, I would still add an extra battery to you order.

I have the 3 and 5 inch machines and ended up with four batteries, despite ordering just two. I have found not needing the fourth battery during a polishing session. The three battery setup means each tool then has a battery and one is charging. This then saves swapping batteries between machines while one is charging.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: