View Single Post
Old 27-09-2021, 10:35 PM   #821
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Car Detailing - What products are your go to?

A couple of questions about Collinite waxes, if anyone knows them well...

For the last year or two, I have been using Meguiars Ultimate Fast Finish as my wax top coat and been reasonably happy with the look / durability. It needs topping up every couple of months, but it's quick to do.

Anyway, I found an old tin of Collinite 476s in my shed, which I recalled being hard to use if highly durable, and so hadn't used it for a few years. After doing some research, I realised I'd been spreading it too thick and decided to give it another go on the Focus. After one coat the Ruby Red came up beautifully, noticeably richer and "warmer" than the Ultimate Fast Finish, even with a thin, easily removed by hand coat.

I'm looking to add a second coat of Collinite to both the Focus and the wife's Puma, which is Frozen white, for added durability and/or shine. I have plenty of 476s left, but I also have a small bottle of 845 (it was a free sample that came with the order of 476s).

My understanding is the 845 has a higher carnauba content than the 476,so will it make the shine enhanced, or will it not be that noticeable? I'm leaning towards just using the 476 again on the Puma, as it wasn't as big a shine jump on the Ultimate Fast Finish, but perhaps the 845 on the Focus for extra pop?

Any thoughts?

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote