Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 21-09-2021, 02:54 PM   #15131
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked View Post
Just took the dog for a walk, was in a park by myself. No one within 200 metres of me, but I had to wear a facemask.

These are the rules that will lose people. Why do they not go back to the "mask outdoors where you cannot socially distance". That made sense. I will happily comply if I feel like I am remotely making a difference. This is just dumb and takes away hugely of one of the few freedoms left.

Worst of all, this will not go away in Vic until 80% 2nd jab. It just proves that no matter how many fellowships our CHO has he is not a Fellow of common sense. In my opinion of course!
Agreed, the vast majority are willing to comply with logical rule sets.

Where I live I’d say mask compliance on my regular walk is down to single percentage figures and of those that are wearing it I’d estimate 5-10% actually wear it covering they nose and mouth.

Compare that to down at the shops indoors or outdoors and compliance would still be easily over 95%.

Whether it’s Sutton, Andrew’s or the advisory board they need to remember that what’s ideal from a risk minimisation perspective with only Covid cases in mind, is not ideal in terms of mental or physical health, let alone economic impacts and community division, the middle ground is nowhere near our current pathway.
2 users like this post: